When you are planning to develop a website, you need to understand that there are primarily three kinds of website that are there. These include the static, the dynamic and the customized websites. Depending on your specific requirements, you need to go for one type or the other. In this article, we present you with the important differences between static and dynamic websites.
- It is not possible to change a static website unless the webmaster or a person familiar with designing aspects and CSS or HTML updates the content. Dynamic websites on the other hand offer owners with the opportunity to upload information by going through a password protected interface. In this case, the user is not required to have any kind of design knowledge.
- The usage parameters of these two types of websites vary significantly. If you are simply looking to provide rental rates for a product or give some information, then a static website is ideal for such occasional uploading of data. On the other hand, if you are operating in a competitive market wherein you need to post regular updates about a particular thing or project, then what you require is a dynamic website.
- Static websites are ideal when you are only looking to post some images and text that look attractive to visitors. However, if you want to change the content of your site frequently, you need to go with a dynamic website.
- If you are not looking to change the functionalities of your site in the near future, then you can opt for a static website but if your business goals need you to optimize your site for the various search engines from time to time, then you need to develop dynamic websites.
- Static websites are perfect when you want to build an online business presentation portal. If you want to have improved ranking for your site you need to update it on a regular basis. This can be done for static websites, but it requires in-depth knowledge of HTML. However, if you want to do the same without the knowledge of HTML, you need to have dynamic websites.
- Static websites are much easier to develop than dynamic websites. They can be developed quickly without much expenditure. However, one needs to have web development skills to work with them. Moreover, the content in these sites becomes out of date quickly as well. Such problems do not exist for dynamic sites.